Sunday, August 08, 2010

Double Take

So there were a few things at the wedding that made me do a 'double take' or that I was slightly annoyed over:
  • Realising the Hubby had not ordered enough lapel pins so he had to miss out.
  • Buying our awesome frame from Ikea to use in photos and forgetting to use it.
  • The burgundy colour ribbon on the flower boxes not really going (shouldn't have had a ribbon) and the flowers not being exactly what I was after
  • Hubby's friend showing up in jeans
  • The DJs not being able to keep the music flowing
  • Both my parents coming up to me with 'problems' that they could easily solve
  • My highschool friend who flew over arriving mid-ceremony
  • The cake being too dry
But you know what the awesome thing was...none of it really mattered, I was on too much of a high to care. And after the wedding none of the guests complained about any of these things in fact they all loved the cake and the flowers. The only thing people were a little down on was the guy in jeans (and rightly so!) and the DJs (again well deserved).
I think it was helpful that I'd been reading people's posts past-wedding and realising that it wasn't all going to be perfect but that that didn't matter. And, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it's the odd things that make the wedding! They also help bring you back to Earth and really savour the moments!

2 comments:

  1. Hate wedding frustrations! I can't believe your hubby had to go without his lapel - could no one else have given him theirs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise and he wouldn't have told me because he's so absentminded that I would've gotten angry haha

    But he never would have asked someone to give up their's which I guess is one of the many reasons I married the guy. Only sad to look back on though which is great, at the time I didn't even notice whoops!

    ReplyDelete